Superior Spas Construction
Our spa’s shell is a technological triumph, we have developed an entirely eco-neutral Acrylic/Abs/polymer laminate system that results in a stronger, lighter, more stable, eco friendly and ultimately biodegradable product.
It even self insulates for both heat and sound, significantly lowering running costs as well as making our spas probably the quietest as well as safest for your family you can buy.
Some benefits of POLI-MAX™ reinforced spa body
- Highly effective sound insulation, probably the quietest Spas available – Take a spa whenever it pleases you and it won’t annoy the neighbours!
- Highly effective heat insulation – which means a longer time between heating intervals - reduced electricity costs!
- Ecologically sound product, easily degradable, (unlike fibreglass it does not give off any hazardous styrol gas).
Effective insulation is extremely important for hot tubs in order to reduce running costs to a minimum.
The triple “Reflective Thermal Barrier” (RTB) insulation of WELLIS spas utilizes thermal gains from the spa’s equipment, collecting any waste heat energy and reflecting it back into the plumbing and shell, whilst keeping out the colder outer air.
We’ve even built our RTB system into our Thermal Spa covers which also have a special reflective foil coating beneath them to bounce rising heat back into the spa water.
This integrated energy management system means WELLIS Spas are exceptionally economical to own.
Many spa manufacturers still use discredited spray foam insulation whilst a few still mount the spa equipment actually outside the spa cabinet, beneath the steps.
These old legacy systems are both outdated as well as expensive to run and damaging to our environment.
- Very long lasting- constant Lambda value.
- Safe- non-toxic, non allergen,
- No condensation, no bacteria,
- Clean, odourless material, no smell,
- No fogging.
- Flexible and light weight material.
- Saves resources, very good insulation properties.
- CFC free!
REINFORCED MOLDED ABS FLOOR PAN
The insulated one piece molded floor pan forms the foundation upon which we build our spas. The pan sides extend upwards and form a, moisture and insect proof barrier to protect the spas structure from the detrimental effects of damp ground.
Our reflective barrier insulation system extends across the floor pan to prevent valuable waste heat being drawn through the base by the “cold sink effect” that is created by damp ground.